After looking over the results of our poll we have chosen the name Elder Berries. We hope that you like the name we have chosen for this section for it brought a smile to the eyes of those we consulted and a nod of agreement that the word elder brings with it a connotation of wisdom and berries are best when they are ripe.
Elder – because we are not younger and the elders are always thought of as the wise ones in a community being possessed of the wisdom that only comes with age and experience.
Berries – because we are the fruit of the tree of life, some having just arrived on the branch, and others more mature and full of the sweetness that comes with maturity.
We appreciate everyone who took part in our poll and gave us help in choosing a name for our senior/elder section. We hope too that those who come and visit these pages may find a respite from the day’s troubles, comraderie in the joy of being alive and help through daily struggles. – The Catskill Chronicle
Just click a link below to read our stories….
This page has the following sub pages.
- Cuzylins – September 4, 2012
- A Foreclosure Story – April 15, 2012
- Autumn Leaves – November 1, 2013
- My Father’s Keeper
- Whither I Goest … A Tribute to Mothers – May 5, 2013
- Friends: Lost & Found … and Lost – July 22, 2013
- Dad on Two – June 12, 2013
- The Logic of American Politics – May 26, 2015
- My Father, My Friend – June 12, 2014
- Weekend Fur and Weekender Woes – November 5, 2014
- Always Never Never Land – August 18, 2014
- Where Have All the Flowers Gone? – November 17, 2014
- Gift-Giving Revisited – December 16, 2014
- The Gift of a Letter
- Over the River and Through the Woods
- Cats, Hats and Eulogies
- The Difference Between Physical Activity and Exercise
- Winter of High Snows
- Study Stalks Past Assumptions
- Do Manners Matter?
- Love and Laundry – April 2011
- CiviliTEA – July 24, 2011
- Thank You, Mr. Vogt, Wherever You Are – August 22, 2011