SULLIVAN COUNTY, NY (December 8, 2014) – Issued By: NWS Binghamton (South Central New York and Northeastern Pennsylvania)
Affected Jurisdictions: Sullivan County
Winter Storm Warning In Effect From 4 AM Tuesday To 7 AM Est Thursday…
The National Weather Service In Binghamton Has Issued A Winter storm Warning For Snow, Sleet And Freezing Rain…Which Is In Effect from 4 AM Tuesday To 7 AM EST Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch Is no Longer In Effect.
* Locations…Poconos, Wyoming And Lackawanna Valleys In Northeast Pennsylvania And Sullivan County New York.
* Hazards…Freezing Rain And Sleet Will Move In Before Daybreak then Become Snow Late In The Afternoon And Continuing Heavy At time On Tuesday Night. Steady Snow Will Continue Through Thursday Morning.
* Accumulations…8 To 12 Inches Of Snow, With Lower Amounts In the Valleys And Higher Accumulations In The Higher Terrain. A tenth To One Quarter Of An Inch Of Ice In The Higher Elevations.
* Timing…Freezing Rain And Sleet Will Move In Before Daybreak.Becoming Snow Late Tuesday Afternoon And Continuing Overnight On Tuesday, Heavy At Times. Steady Snow Will Continue Into Thursday morning.* Temperatures…In The Lower 30S.
* Winds…Northwest 10 To 20 Mph With Gusts Up To 25 Mph.
* Impacts…Freezing Rain And Sleet During The Day On Tuesday Will result In Hazardous Travel. Travel Will Become Dangerous During the Overnight Hours In Heavy Snow. Slippery Travel Can Be expected Through Thursday Morning.
A Winter Storm Warning Means Significant Amounts Of Snow…Sleet…And Ice Are Expected Or Occurring. This Will Make Travel very Hazardous Or Impossible.
Please Report Snowfall And/Or Ice Amounts To The National Weather Service By Calling Toll Free At 1-888-603-1402…Or By Email Atbgm.Stormreport@Noaa.Gov.