SULLIVAN COUNTY AND SURROUNDING AREAS, (January 30, 2015) –Issued By: NWS Binghamton (South Central New York and Northeastern Pennsylvania)
Affected Jurisdictions: Broome, Chemung, Delaware, Schuyler, Steuben, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Yates Counties
…Wind Chill Advisory In Effect From 7 PM This Evening To 11 AM EST Saturday…
The National Weather Service In Binghamton Has Issued A Windchill Advisory…Which Is In Effect From 7 PM This Evening To11 AM EST Saturday.
* Locations…Central New York And Northeast Pennsylvania.
* Hazards…Bitterly Cold Wind Chill Temperatures.
* Wind Chill Readings…15 To 24 Below Zero.
* Winds…Northwest 10 To 20 Mph With Gusts Up To 35 Mph.* Temperatures…Lows 10 Below To 10 Above Zero.
* Impacts…Bitterly Cold Wind Chills Will Bring Frostbite Quickly to Exposed Skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory Is Issued When Winds Combine With Very Cold temperatures To Create Dangerous Conditions For Exposed Skin. The wind Chill Is Expected To Be Cold Enough To Cause Frostbite In about 30 Minutes Or Less…And Could Lead To Hypothermia If precautions Are Not Taken.
Those Planning To Venture Outdoors should Use Common Sense And Dress Warmly…Making Sure That All exposed Skin Is Covered.