SULLIVAN COUNTY, NY (March 2, 2015) – Affected Jurisdictions: Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Otsego, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Yates Counties
Issued By: NWS Binghamton (South Central New York and Northeastern Pennsylvania)
…Winter Weather Advisory In Effect From 3 PM Tuesday To 7 AM EST Wednesday…
The National Weather Service In Binghamton Has Issued A Winter weather Advisory For Snow…Freezing Rain And Sleet…Which Is In effect From 3 PM Tuesday To 7 AM EST Wednesday.
* Locations…Central New York And Northeast Pennsylvania.* Hazards…Snow… Freezing Rain… And Sleet.
* Accumulations…2 To 4 Inches Of Snow… Followed By Up To A quarter Of An Inch Of Ice.
* Timing…Snow Starting Tuesday Afternoon Then Transitioning Over to A Wintry Mix Of Freezing Rain And Sleet During The Early evening And Lasting Through The Overnight.
* Temperatures…In The Upper 20s.
* Winds…South 10 To 20 Mph With Gusts Up To 35 Mph.
* Impacts…Untreated Roads Will Become Hazardous. Isolated Power outages May Occur Due To The Combination Of Ice And Gusty Winds.
A Winter Weather Advisory Means That Periods Of Snow…Sleet…Or freezing Rain Will Cause Travel Difficulties. Be Prepared For slippery Roads And Limited Visibilities…And Use Caution While driving.
Please Report Snowfall And/Or Ice Amounts To The National Weather Service By Calling Toll Free At 1-888-603-1402…Or By Email Atbgm.Stormreport@Noaa.Gov.